Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Technology Luv

Here's my technology related post:

KINDLE KINDLE KINDLE KINDLE KIII*DROOOOOOOL*


I...kinda want one.

But, more to the point I guess, things like the Kindle--and I think in the nearish future we'll have Kindle-looking personal computer type things that access wireless networks and display books and so on and so forth and generally operate just like what they call in the Star Wars books "datapads" and said things--heck we might call them "datapads" but that sounds nerdy so probably it will be something more like...I don't know, but Apple's version will be called the "iGo" (SHOUTOUT)--will keep us pretty hyperconnected to all the things we can now consider "print" (that which we read). (Okay, sentence over. Take a breath.) If we are lucky, our phones will not have been directly implanted into our brains by then.

If we are that lucky, and we are not taking calls a la Ghost in the Shell, then I think we will see a push toward having "disconnect" time. At least, I hope we will. There should (IhopeIhopeIhope) be a rising school of thought that attaches real value to quiet time, time devoted to face to face interaction and division between work time and home time (as more people telecommute).

Or, you know, we're all just going to get those brain implants.

No comments: